05 March 2011

Joy from the Past

Imagine a time period when eating out was a novelty. A time period when a burger, some fries, and a pop would be the highlight of the month, even the year! Imagine a time period when you would float into a fast food parking lot with your family in a yacht-sized car, and, after parking, a waitress would come to your window and take your order. In a couple minutes, she would be back with your meal, and oh what a meal it would be! The shear deliciousness of that food! And joy of joys, maybe you were on a road trip to see far away places under the warm summer sun. After your meal, you would  head out into the great unknown to see great sights...

Such were my wanderings as we sat in A&W tonight and I gazed at photos of just such a time. 

2 comments:

  1. *sigh*... I wish I could've been in that time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. some parts would have been nice 'bout it but I'm glad I'm living in the time that I AM.

    ReplyDelete