31 December 2012

Fool's Gold

Fears fill
Empty thrill
Ruptured by a broken will
Tears trill
Moving still
Hovering o'er my window sill.

Living die
Firefly
Haunted by its joyful cry
Breathless sigh
Truthful lie
Underneath where stars are nigh.

Small the vast
Undercast
Disillusioned by contrast.
Future's past
Drifting fast
Interchanging first for last.

Upward fall
Solemn ball
Choreographed with cheetah's crawl
Dingy hall
Lonely brawl
Savouring the sweetest gall.

Right or wrong
Run along
Perfect judgement from the throng
Grinding gong
Distance strong
Dragging out the sorrowing song.

Float aground
Air bedrowned
Tide is out - inbound
Lost unfound
Upside-downed
Echoing the silent sound.

Forceful slight
Darkening light
Guided by a tailless kite
Temper might
Lessen height
Too polite for fight or flight.

Fire's cold
Spring's old
Timid faces bluffing bold
Tales untold
Blind behold
Memories of Fool's Gold.

4 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I should just say my usual or not, like, this is so beautiful! or if I should ponder a moment and some something else..

    truth is, I don't know what to say to this.
    other than I *really* enjoyed it, and am going to read it again. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You wrote that I assume? There are so many little poetic jabs in it. Quoteable material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read this poem several times to really absorb it all -and I love it when I have to do that! I almost envy your way with words, but I love what you write too much to really hold any ill feelings:) keep writing...

    ReplyDelete