27 July 2011

Int'resting Life

Like Marigold says in Magic for Marigold, "Life is so int'resting!" This past weekend was particularly "int'resting," as it was spent with about two hundred people between the ages of fifteen and twenty-three in Ohio, U.S.

I had no idea how much I valued originality until this past weekend. At one service centre, forty percent of the people were wearing the same type of sandal. It made me want to go buy a pair of my own right away! Gag.

And that is only one of the many thoughts rumbling around in my head that started at this gathering. Another one is my thankfulness for being back in the country where people understand my humour. Quite a few times, after spewing a random comment, I would find myself sitting in silence while the rest of my group would look at me as though they didn't know what to do. Just laugh, ding-dong! Vocabulary is another source of difference. Oh, the poor people who don't use words like serviette, courier, and toque!

I have a feeling that this weekend's experiences will strongly affect me; its influence will pop up all over my blog. Only you probably won't recognize it. I will, though, and so I'll chuckle to myself as I write.

5 comments:

  1. Lol i like your post...tell me a little more about the forty percent of people that were wearing the same sandals haha :) and if they didnt catch on to your humor, i guess they just missed out on a nice lil chuckle! :) sorry that u had to humble yourself and put up with us southerners for a weekend! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! About the sandals, ah, just a minute... well I tried to find a link to a picture, but the link was too long. The sandals were the black single strap, Nike or Adidas. I don't have a problem with the sandals themselves, but I couldn't believe my eyes when it appeared that every other person had them on! Put up with southerners! Haha! For the most part, I couldn't care less about our differences; they just make life int'resting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the only thing that seperates us is an imaginary line guarded by tough looking men that obviously have nothing better to do haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the tough looking men get a bus-load of people to sing Happy Birthday to "Officer Smith" and then let you across without checking your passports!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man u guys know how to play your cards!

    ReplyDelete